It’s official! Firestone Walker and Duvel Moortgat Brewery announced their merger tonight. Here are the top 10 reasons why this is a major deal:
- Firestone Walker is a committed leader in the American Craft Beer Revolution.
- According to the BA, Firestone Walker is the 16th largest craft brewery in the US.
- Firestone Walker was (perfectly) accidentally born by David Walker & Adam Firestone in 1996.
- Duvel Moortgat Brewery is a Flemish family owned brewery founded in 1871.
- Duvel has recently been known for its other acquisitions of Boulevard Brewing & Ommegang.
- Both breweries have a mutually bound respect for each other’s beers, culture and history.
- Duvel, Boulevard, Ommegang & Firestone Walker are the first US Craft Beer family of their kind.
- The breweries will combine, but continue to operate independently under the original founders.
- No financial details have been disclosed since these are privately owned companies.
- Firestone Walker will grow comfortably with Duvel Moortgat’s investment- more beer for all!
Jessica Pezzotti founded Custom Beer Handles with a mission to change the way craft breweries & beverage companies present their brand to the world. Her desire to disrupt the industry was rooted in a passion for branding and its relation to consumerism. Headquartered in Denver, Custom Beer Handles is now a leading designer and manufacturer of custom tap handles for craft breweries, wineries, coffee, and kombucha companies. The Taps Give Back Program that launched in 2018 donates a portion of the proceeds to charities and non-profit organizations on behalf of their clients. The on-tap phenomenon is just getting started and they are revolutionizing marketing for the craft beer and beverage industry. Last but not least, The Tory Burch Foundation selected Jessica as a 2018 Fellow, an elite program designed for women entrepreneurs nationwide. Cheers to that!